Monday, January 5, 2015

Week of January 5


2015?!?! How did that happen? I can still remember the world getting "crazy" about the year 2000 and all the computers crashing. And here we fifteen years later and computers are the size of a watch and can be manipulated by touch. Additionally, I recently had a conversation with someone about the movie, "Back to the Future 2" in where the characters go to the future of 2015. Apparently our technology is not as "advanced" as what is depicted in the movie. Ah well, it's always good to watch Michael J. Fox in a comedy.



Here we go for the week:

Monday, January 5
Just getting back into the swing of things. Workability is on campus for grades 5-8. I'll be working on the 2015-16 school calendar and asking stakeholders for input. In the meantime, if there's something you want to add to the making of next year's calendar, let me know.

Tuesday, January 6
9-12: SELPA Boot Camp #2, Orland - I'll be off-campus for this workshop.
1:30: 2nd and 3rd graders to Orland Library
3:45: Meeting in Learning Center
4:00: Girls and Boys after school basketball at Lassen View

Wednesday, January 7
9:00: 4th and 5th grade to Orland Library
3:00: Teacher meeting in 6th grade - Lake PD, Chapter 2 of Effective Questioning (Mrs. Schager), Writer's Showcase

Thursday, January 8
9:00: CAASPP webinar
1:30: K volunteer
3:30: Girls and Boys after school basketball at Kirkwood

Friday, January 9
8:45: Monthly student assembly in cafeteria
12:30: Basketball at Orland Rec vs. Plaza

Friday and Saturday, the girls after school basketball team will be participating in a tournament hosted at Richfield.

You can find me every day (except days when I'm off campus) in the cafeteria from 12:00 - 12:20 where I participate in the lunch experience with our older students. After all students have been served, I eat my lunch with a few of the stragglers. It's a great time of day for me!

My goal every week is to get into every classroom every day. In 2015, my classroom visits will be more intentional with listening to the questions the students are asking as well as the questions asked by teachers. Are we asking the right questions?

And as always, this schedule is subject to change. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment