Friday, January 9, 2015

Week of January 12

What a great first week back! As part of my positive discipline approach at Lake, I started the "Lego Program" quite by chance a few months ago. A student was sent to my office for doing something good. I happen to have a small set of Legos and decided to sit down on the floor with him and build something. Well, the Lego story made its way around campus and Mrs. Taylor donated a huge tub of Legos to me for a more proper implementation of the Lego Program. For the past several months, when students are "caught being good" in class, teachers send them to me for 10 minutes of Legos with Mrs. Baker. It doesn't happen as often as I like, only because I know the teachers want to keep all the kiddos in their class as much as they can, but I got two students in my office this week for 10 minutes of Legos. That's so cool!

I've also been meaning to give credit to the Bathroom Fairy. Kind of an odd thing to be sharing, I know, but it's the little things that need to be noticed. Every month, the Bathroom Fairy decorates the shelves in the staff bathroom. While it may not seem like much, I know I appreciate the thoughtfulness of one of our staff members to make a tiny space a pleasant space. This month's theme is "Enjoy the Little Things." It's a great reminder to us all to enjoy the little things that come our way on a daily basis, like playing on my office floor with students!

And here are a few of the little things coming my way next week.

Mr. Payne will be on campus all week substituting for Mrs. Wright. As a retired teacher, Mr. Payne knows his way around a school campus, but let's be sure to give him the Lake Panther welcome and help him through his days.

Monday, January 12
Meeting with Diana Perez for assistance with SEIS, sometime before 10:00 a.m.

Tuesday, January 13
1:00 Develop board agenda items
4:30 After school basketball at Bend

Wednesday, January 14
Minimum Day - also the day we have IT assistance. Please turn in any IT requests to Cheri so she can share them with Dena when she gets here after lunch.

1:15 All Staff Meeting in 7th Grade Classroom
6:00 PTO meeting at Round Table

Thursday, January 15
I will be off-campus Thursday and Friday to take part in the Commission's State Task Force regarding Induction.

Cheri will be off-campus attending a LCFF workshop.

Friday, January 16
Off-campus, basketball teams will be playing Vina at Vina.

Saturday, January 17
After school boys basketball will be playing in the Foothill Tournament.

Good luck, Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment