Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week of October 12

Fall Break has come and gone and here we go into the middle of October. I hope everyone had a great break. I found myself reading educational journals, articles and blogs. Many of these readings described best practices in teaching, academic and behavioral programs implemented at successful schools, and collaborative efforts put forth by all staff. Several times I found myself thinking, "We do that at Lake." Or, "I've seen that strategy utilized in classrooms." As the educational leader of our fine institution, it's comforting knowing our dedicated staff continues to hone their craft in ways that is supported by educational research. And while students may have been on break, I know that many of our staff were working on ways to increase their own effectiveness in and outside the classroom. And now let's head into this week:


Monday, October 12
Columbus Day

Tuesday, October 13
Spelling Bee registration due today - please get me your names today
9:30 - Conference call - office
1:30 - 2nd & 3rd grade to library
3:00 - SPARK meeting - GCOE, Orland
3:00 - SST
3:00 - Initial IEP

Wednesday, October 14
Minimum day - 12:50 dismissal
11:00 - Workability in Learning Center
1:15 - Teacher meeting - 7th grade classroom
6:00 - PTO meeting

Thursday, October 15
Great American Shakeout - Earthquake drill

Friday, October 16
Lake vs. Vina at Vina


No comments:

Post a Comment