Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week of September 21

As I sit down to write this week's "Week at a Glance", my brain is on information overload. I just spent the last two days attending a Google Summit for Educators, along with Mrs. Wright, Mrs. Taylor, Mrs. Mason, and Mr. Rutledge. (For more info on these summits, click on the link - not only will you get a description of these events, but a world map of locations in which these summits are held - they are WORLDWIDE events, and not for the weak!) And to top it off, we're going to - along with nearly every educator in Glenn County - Common 2 the Core tomorrow at Willows High School. And as tired as I am right now, there's so much to learn about this little thing called education that I truly can't wait to wake up tomorrow and attack another day of learning. Which brings me to a "change" in my life I'm going to make at this moment. No longer am I going to call what educators do "professional development", but professional learning. We were "developed" while attending teacher education courses, now that we're practicing educators, we are learning about everything education. And now that technology has added another dimension to our work, so must we add another dimension to our learning. So a quick shout-out to the high-quality educators I work with on a daily basis - I so appreciate your commitment to learning and the dedication you have to not only your students, but to your professional growth as well. Learn on!

Monday, September 21
No school for students - professional learning day for staff

Tuesday, September 22
No speech services today as Ms. Toney is off-campus attending a professional learning event
2:30 - SST
5:30 - Title I meeting - cafeteria

Wednesday, September 23
Minimum day - dismissal at 12:50
8:00 - IEP
11:00 - Workability on campus in Learning Center
1:00 - Teacher meeting regarding progress reports, followed by time to implement professional learning for Google Summit and/or C2tC

Thursday, September 24
7:45 - IEP

Friday, September 25
Somebody on staff is having a birthday...who could it be?
Lake Panthers vs. Capay Colts in flag football and volleyball at Capay

Saturday and Sunday
PTO will be on campus adding more color to the blacktop - if you have a few hours to spare either day, drop on by. Sign-up sheet is on the window going into the cafeteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment