Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week of April 20

Last week's Math and Science Night may well have been my most favorite event to date at Lake. I'm not sure how other principals communicate with their staff regarding events like this, but I have to be bluntly honest, the only thing I tell the teachers to do is make sure they are there from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. :) While I trust each and every one of them and know they'll make the school proud, it's events like this that solidify the notion that this truly is a special staff. I happen to be fortunate enough to have a kindergartener at Lake right now. On the way home from the night I asked her what her favorite classroom activity was, thinking I might get an idea of what was "cool" from her perspective. Without hesitation, she said, "All of them!" And if you ask most of the kids in attendance - and the parents for that matter - I'm guessing they would agree. Students and parents scurried from one classroom to another, in great anticipation of what awesome science or math activity awaited them. Thanks to the Lake Community for this well-attended event, as well as to all the staff that made this night a great success!

And without further ado, here's what this coming week looks like.

Monday, April 20
8:30 - 11:30 - Nora off-campus attending ELD Para Workshop in Oroville
9:00 - I'm off-campus until mid-morning
3:00 - TOMS update - meeting with Christine - my office
3:30 - Yearbook all-call with Alison

Tuesday, April 21
CAASPP Testing - 3rd and 4th grade
Yearbook orders and money due today
3:00 - School Board Meeting, 7th grade classroom

Wednesday, April 22
CAASPP Testing - 3rd and 4th grade
8:30 - 11:30 - LCAP Meeting - GCOE, Orland (I'll be off-campus)
3:00 - Teacher meeting, 7th grade classroom

Thursday, April 23
Happy Birthday, Mrs. J!
CAASPP Testing - 3rd and 4th grade
8:00 - 504 meeting
1:00 - Kinder volunteer
5:30 - Little League softball practice, east field

Friday, April 24
12:45 - Softball vs. Capay at Lake

Last full week of April - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??


No comments:

Post a Comment